Given the amount of time you spend in the workplace, it can be natural to experience stressful situations. Clarity Benefit Solutions lists five ways to reduce workplace stress.
- Talk it out. Sometimes simply sharing your feelings with someone else can be a stress reducer. It can help to have a sounding board for any problems you may be experiencing, and it can also help you relax. Having a few work friends can also be a great support system.
- Get moving. Studies show that regular exercise is a proven stress reliever. Incorporate at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise into your daily routine before or after work, or during your lunch hour. If it’s easier, you can break it up into shorter segments. During stressful times at work, take a break with a quick stroll outside or in the hallways. It can help you regain perspective.
- Recharge your batteries. It’s important to disconnect from the workplace. Don’t lose your unused vacation days, it’s important to unwind and relax. If it isn’t a good time for a vacation, take some long weekends. Turn off your phone and focus on non-work activities for an evening or weekend.
- Get enough rest and eat properly. Sticking to a sleep schedule every night and aiming for eight hours nightly will give you more energy to tackle your workday challenges. And, a breakfast high in protein and low in carbs will increase that energy. Eating smaller meals throughout the day will help your body maintain an even amount of blood sugar, which will increase your focus.
- Plan regular breaks. Taking a few minutes to take a brief walk or talk with a coworker is a welcome reprieve from the stress of the workday. Try not to eat lunch at your desk so you can recharge and be ready to face the afternoon.
Clarity Benefit Solutions provides technology that makes the health insurance plan selection process fast, easy, and straightforward. For over two decades, we have provided clients with industry-leading technology, compliance, and exceptional customer service. Our offering is designed to save time and lower the costs of managing benefits while also promoting employee self-service and automated ACA compliance.