In today’s competitive marketplace, customer retention can be a challenge for brokers. Clarity Benefit Solutions shares six customer retention strategies to put in place today.
- Take a stand. Make sure your company’s brand and mission statement is crystal clear to your customers. Standing for something creates customer connection and solidifies your relationship. Be the expert—and the go-to, trusted resource—in your market.
- Set expectations. Set customer expectations early in the retention process and communicate them effectively. Try setting them a little lower at first than the level of service you are capable of providing, and their satisfaction will be greater when you exceed expectations.
- Create excitement. Once the customer is landed, it is important to keep the momentum going. Take the time to share with them how excited you are that they are using your product or service. Keep them up-to-date with new launches and improvements in current products.
- Be social. Speaking of communication, the Internet can have huge impact on customer retention. Establish an inviting, informative website, and include plenty of customer testimonials that speak to your company’s successes. Start a blog. Social media like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter can also keep your company on your customers’ radars.
- Keep in touch. Obviously, the communication theme is instrumental to successful customer retention. Establish a regular timeline/calendar of customer communication on a regular basis—phone calls, thank you cards or notes, specials, and emails. They will feel special to be acknowledged on an ongoing basis.
- Sell yourself—over and over again. Once you make that initial sale and gain a new customer, it is all too easy to forget that customer and even ignore them. Landing a customer is only the beginning. Make sure they know you consider them a top priority through the aforementioned methods.
Clarity Benefit Solutions provides technology that makes the health insurance plan selection process fast, easy, and straightforward. For over two decades, we have provided clients with industry-leading technology, compliance, and exceptional customer service. Our offering is designed to save time and lower the costs of managing benefits while also promoting employee self-service and automated ACA compliance.